Grant Application Guidelines and Transportation Information
Grant Application Guidelines
As the situation with COVID-19 and related policies are ever-changing, we are unable to predict what the upcoming school year will look like in terms of guest speakers and field trips. Due to this uncertainty, we welcome all grant requests for the 2021-2022 school year. All grant applications will be considered. If an approved grant is unable to be implemented due to restrictions during the 2021-2022 school year, we will adjust accordingly.
- All NPSD teachers, staff and students can apply for an innovative/creative classroom project grant.
- There is no maximum dollar amount per grant.
- Applications are considered twice during each school year in May and November. Applications submitted in the spring are to be implemented in the upcoming school year. Applications submitted in November must be implemented during the current school year.
- Grants are awarded through a review process conducted by members of the Foundation's Grant Review Committee.
- The Office of School/Community Engagement will receive approval from your principal/supervisor prior to the Foundation's consideration.
- Applicants will not be able to edit grant applications after they are submitted so, please take the time to review for accuracy.
To be eligible for a grant, applicants must propose the following:
- The project is innovative and creative exceeding the NPSD curriculum while enhancing student learning beyond the scope of normal required school expenditures and the required course.
- Applicants should state the objective of their project and how it relates to the curriculum standards with detail and explanation.
- The project will impact a number of students.
- The description clearly outlines what students will know, learn, and be able to do following the project’s completion.
- The project will continue without future funding.
If your grant is approved...
Documentation of expenses must be submitted to the Foundation. All materials acquired through Foundation grants become the property of the North Penn School District.
Grant recipients will be expected to complete a brief summary report (including photos) for the Foundation detailing what the students learned and were able to achieve following the project's completion. They may be asked to share their project and its results with other teachers in the district or members of the Foundation's Board of Trustees.
Apply for a Grant
Please note there is no "save and resume later" button in this application. If you'd like to draft your application and copy/paste your responses when ready to submit, a sample application for such purpose is available at the link below.
If you have any questions, please contact NPSD Educational Foundation Executive Director Christine Liberaski at firstname.lastname@example.org or 215-853-1020.
Deadline to Submit Application: Monday, May 3, 2021
If bus transportation is needed for a project that you would like to submit to be considered for a grant, this information must be completed on the application. Submissions requiring bus transportation that do not include this information will not be considered. Upon approval, a Student Travel Form must be completed and sent to Christine Liberaski.
Please note that transportation cost estimates are for grant application consideration purposes only. This does not secure transportation. If you are chosen as a grant recipient, you will still need to arrange for transportation yourself. Please work with your building office to do so. School accounts will be reimbursed. Grant recipients must notify the Office of School and Community Engagement of any additional increases to estimated transportation costs at least 30 days before the actual trip. Increases above 10 percent of original estimate may not be funded.
Charter Bus Information
NPSD buses will only be provided for trips that leave school at 9:00 am or later and return by 2:00 pm. If your trip falls outside of this time frame, a charter bus must be used. If a charter bus is required, you must call the district transportation center at 215-853-1139 to receive a quote for outside transportation using charter buses.
District Bus Information
If a NPSD bus will be used, a cost estimate is needed. Please follow the steps listed below to find cost estimate.
- Determine whether a bus aide(s) for students with special needs will be required for the trip.
- Determine the number of buses required. Please note that one bus holds a maximum capacity of 50 people. Remember to include teachers, chaperones and bus aides, if needed.
- Determine the total number of hours of the trip, from pick-up to drop off.
- Of the total number of hours of the trip, determine how many hours the driver(s) will spend driving and how many hours of downtime the driver(s) will have.
- Use formula below to calculate cost of transportation.
District Transportation Cost Estimate Formula
Please use the information above to complete the following formula to find estimated NPSD transportation cost. Please note that these numbers come from $26.60/hour driving, $13.28/hour bus driver downtime and a flat rate of $16.23/hour bus aide.