Apply for a Grant
Grant applications for the 2019-2020 school year have closed.
Applications for innovative projects for the 2020-2021 school year will open in the spring. If you have a great idea right now and want to record your inspiration, take a look at the sample grant application below. Make a copy for your records and begin writing your request now, that way you're all set come spring time!
Grant Application Guidelines and Important Information
- All NPSD staff members in grades K-12 can apply for an innovative classroom project grant.
- To be eligible for a grant, applicants must propose an innovative and creative project that will enrich and enhance student learning beyond the scope of normal required school expenditures and the required course of study.
- Background checks for guest speakers/companies are not required if they are accompanied by a NPSD employee at all times.
- There is no maximum dollar amount per classroom grant.
- Grants are awarded through a blind review process, conducted by members of the Foundation's Grant Review Committee. Identifying information should only appear on the first page of the application. Please do not include your name or the name of your school in the description of your project.
- Applications are considered twice during each school year in May and November. Applications submitted in May must be implemented the following school year. Applications submitted in November must be implemented during the current school year.
- Funds must be used within the school year for which the grant is awarded. Documentation of expenses must be submitted to the Foundation. All materials acquired through Foundation grants become the property of the North Penn School District.
- Grant recipients will be expected to provide the Foundation with a written report about their project and other appropriate documentation. They may be asked to share their project and its results with other teachers in the district or members of the Foundation's Board of Trustees.
- Following submission of grant application, the Foundation will reach out to applicant's principal/supervisor for approval of the grant. If approved, the application will move forward to the Foundation Grant Review Committee.